Sunday, September 25, 2011

Wake up call

  So I'm sitting in the living room, I've just finished watching Doctor Who, I've checked emails and replied to the important work-related ones, checked and updated my lesson plans for the week. My head is killing me due to a combination of a lack of sleep, the start of a cold, not taking a break all day and a re-emergence of my motion sickness. By this point I've been home for ages, had dinner and I'm absolutely ready for bed, I look at the clock and find...it's 8:20!!

   What??? How can it possibly still only be 8 o'clock? Why is it still too early to go to bed? And that is when I realised, I need something to do in the evenings. I'm spending all my free periods at work planning and grading and such so that I don't have to bring anything home but I'm not taking advantage of the free time I have in the evenings. So I'm making a resolution; I'm going to have productive evenings (I admit it won't be every night, I still need my lazy days). No real idea what I'll do exactly, but I'm determined to do something dammit! 

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling! When I was teaching in the UK I would sleep very early. I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to do!

    ReplyDelete

Add your tehina or mushy peas here!